Cooking and Nutrition have been incredibly hot topics over the past couple of years. Other hot topics such as anti aging and fitness exercise are discussed in correlation with cooking and nutrition on a regular basis. At the same time the rise in Cooking Television Shows has been exponential. This craze has resulted in a cooking channel! A channel devoted to a plethora of cooking shows! These television shows often have associated websites where their recipes are cataloged and made available.
Technology has allowed us access to these websites and recipes at a moments notice but in order to organize and keep your favorites on hand it may be necessary to create a file or use a software package. I have researched and will offer a review of a few software products that I recommend. These products will allow you to import, catalog and print your recipes in a variety of convenient formats.
1. MasterCook Deluxe 9.0 by ValuSoft
- Meal-planning software with 8,000+ recipes and 100s of international recipes
- Thorough search capabilities; expert nutritional analysis
- Professional tips, cooking for a crowd, and essential cooking techniques
- Enjoy 400 savory baking recipes with step-by-step instructions
- Print shopping lists for single recipes or entire menus, or download to PDA
2. Cook’n for Every Holiday by DVO Enterprises
This instructional computer software Mediterranean includes 582 recipes, recipe manager, menu planner, and more!
- Search thousands of recipes in seconds–just tell it what you have on hand
- Adjust recipe serving sizes automatically
- Demonstrate preparation techniques with video clips
- Display hundreds of full-color food photos
- Organize your own recipes
- Print your recipes on decorative 3×5 cards
- Create weekly menus
- Make grocery shopping lists
- Analyze the nutritional value of your recipes
- Organizing your family recipe collection in the computer is easy with Cook’n. You already know how to put in your recipes, that’s because Cook’n’s recipe window looks just like a recipe card. And, “Quick-Fill” editing does much of the typing for you.
- Cook’n has simple cookbook-like chapters and categories that make it easy to find your recipes fast.
- Cook’n’s Recipe Manager makes entertaining a snap. Simply select the number of guests you will be serving and enter it into your favorite recipe. Cook’n calculates the new ingredient amounts for you.